What is more beautiful than a sleeping baby and the triumphant, beaming smile after pulling a tooth? There is more to the tooth story... and triumph is the right word to use, for mom and Molly. Molly is entering 2nd grade and really likes to hold on to her teeth. Her first 2 bottom teeth never wanted to come out. In fact her permanent teeth were coming in before her baby teeth came out. We affectionately called them her 'shark teeth'. When it became apparent that her primary teeth were not going to budge, Matt whipped out a little Lidocaine and syringe and numbed her lower jaw and we pulled those suckers out on 2 separate occasions. Oh the drama! Well, when this top tooth showed promise and there was no 'shark tooth' in sight, I proceeded to wiggle with vigor. And then I whipped out the 'magic tissue'--a plain kleenex that gives you great grip on those tiny teeth--and yanked until it was dangling my a thread. Molly was then able to pull it out with ease. Hooray--Triumph!
2 comments:
YIKES! It makes my teeth hurt just reading that. Molly, you are one BRAVE (and cute) little lady!
I loved seeing your blog and now I plan to check it regularly. Well, I know you can't post too regularly, but I loved seeing the pictures and reading the commentary. So proud to be related to this beautiful family. Love, Mom
Post a Comment