Thursday, February 19, 2009

Whirlwind

I don't think that is a very original title for a post, but it is exactly what it has felt like since last posting. Some of our highlights have been: (Lots of random pictures to follow)
-Helen and Molly really enjoyed dancing in the Nutcracker. They were pretty darn cute if I do say so.
-Uncle Alex returning home on Christmas Eve from his mission in Boston. What a great uncle and we feel so lucky to live next door to him.
-We had a great Christmas and it was a joy to hear from so many friends and family by Christmas card. You all look great!
-We had our first Dr's appointment for this new baby and confirmed that there truly is a baby and that the "sick and tired" was for a good reason.
-Matt and I stole a couple of days to ourselves in Sedona AZ--So beautiful and so relaxing. Then we went and got the kids and let them enjoy Sedona, too. The red rock and hikes were fun as well as the Verde Canyon railroad ride where we saw bald eagles in the wild! There was a heated pool, too, so Laura tried out her new pair of 'gobbles'. Isn't she edible?

-We had a Layton Family Reunion to Disneyland at the end of January. All 57 of us (My parents, brothers and sisters, spouses and kids) were there. Even the Green Beans joined us-and I guarantee their trip was a crazier whirlwind. Helen, Molly and Olivia were so brave to go through Jedi training and had to face off with Darth Maul--Yikes. Rachel thought she was in Heaven when she got to drive the Autopia car. And Laura was the only brave one to visit Pooh Bear. Thanks Granny and Opa for the great Christmas present!
-We found out that we are getting a BOY baby in our home! That is one way to throw things off at our household. Matt has the naming privlege and so far he has come up with Edson, Eds for short, after his own middle name, which is after his Grandfather who will be 101 in April.
-My sister, Jen, her husband and their 6 kids moved into our basement while they are trying to sell their home. We are having a great time. I don't think Jen and I have laughed so much in all our years. We also have enjoyed the benefits of 2 cooks to plan/prepare meals, and just be adult company during the day. It is a true joy. Busy, but a joy.
-My dear cousins Liz and Tyler Dennison lost their baby boy, Baby Jake, who was born with severe heart problems only 3 weeks earlier. I admire this brave, sweet and faith filled family for the manner they have dealt with this. At the funeral last week I witnessed the hand of God literally lifting and carrying their family when much of their own strength was sapped. I love you guys.
-On a lighter note, Matt took me to the ballet Romeo and Juliet for Valentine's day. It was a fun night out. I feel oh so lucky that Matt will take me to the ballet! It was a double bonus with the Phoenix Symphony live, as well. Matt sure knows how to get to my heart! Me on the other hand, I made a smokin' dinner with steak, bacon wrapped asparagus, caprese salad and Rhodes rolls (thank heaven for those) and then we had my siblings over for chocolate and caramel fondue. YUMMY!
-We have a big surpise due to come to our home, so that is the cliff hanger to make you want to visit again, and to make me post more often than every 4 months!

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah that IS a whirlwind post! I hope you can post more than once a quarter!! BOY!!! Oh I can just see all the girls giggling with joy for a boy. Edson?? Hmm....maybe you can whisper some ideas into Matt's ear while he sleeps. Love it as a middle name. Although don't worry if you plan to keep Edson as the first name Hyrum and Eds can be roommates, known as the guys with the odd names. Love you guys!!

tonya said...

Sounds like life has been so much fun. I am so excited to see your girls in their costumes. I remember going to see the Nutcracker with my ballet class when I was a little girl. I loved it. Congrats!! on the new baby boy coming.

Kaylani said...

Great post Lou! Doesn't it always feel so rewarding to get all those things in writing? Also, I LOVE Eds. It's a great name, don't worry.

EmJoy said...

Hey Lou!
I loved all the picture updates. I had not yet gotten sick of Super Wonder. She is just so stinkin cute! We are so excited for your boy baby Eds. He is one lucky little guy to have so many mommies! Someday he'll appreciate it. I love you and wish there was a second basement we could live in so I could enjoy the sister party.

Jessica said...

Hi friend!
I heard your baby news from Sherry yesterday. Wahoo!! We need to get together and visit!

Diana said...

Wow! You have done alot in such a short time! I am so excited for you. A baby boy! He will be so cute, no matter what his name is. HaHa!

Camille said...

So fun to read your post and get updated on all the fun things going on with your family!!! Congrats again on your baby boy! I am still in shock! A good shock though. I am so happy for all of you. I hope you are feeling well and enjoying the spring time in AZ. You will have to give us a call next time you come to Disneyland (without the 57 people) We would love to meet up with you there. We got season passes now we have renters in our home. Yeah!! Did you know the McAllisters are moving in at the end of the month? Such a blessing for both of us!
Tell the girls hello for us!

Layton Clan said...

IT'S A BOY!!! We are so excited for you!!! Boys are the best, but I am sure girls are the best too! I love you Lou - hope you are feeling okay!

Love, Emery and Jen

Alleman Family said...

It was so fun to talk to you at the reception! I'm going to add you to my list of family to keep up with... I can't wait to see the new BOY!! :) Love, Tiffany

Ondriawfd said...

Hey Louisa! It's so fun to see your blog. I can't believe you guys have 5 kids and another one on the way. That's awesome. We have a blog too but it's private for now. So send me your email address and I'll send you an invite. ondriadionys at yahoo dot com

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Hey Louisa! I'm glad I found your blog! I need to call you because my husband just recieved a job offer from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA and I know that is where you guys were for the last few years! I actually spoke to Marie Porter on the phone the other day and she said she knew you. So anyway, since I don't have an email for you I will be calling you soon to get some info. on the area and maybe some ideas for good areas to live, etc!
I would love any info. you've got!
Tricia

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Hi Louisa - My email address is tricia_folsom@hotmail.com

Any info. you have about possible places to live or people to talk to would be great!

Thanks!
Tricia