Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cabin Fun


To end the summer, we went to the White Mountains in preparation for an extended Layton family reunion. My parents, 2 sisters and a sister-in-law all came up early with their kids. We enjoyed fun walks around the lake, exploring lady bugs, feeding ducks and a fun talent show. I just love this place and think it is a blessing to be able to get away.
I also love when I can take a step back from the pace of daily life and enjoy the little things.

Can't you just see the longing in my nephew's face as he gazes into the tackle box?

We loved the little ones' talent of dominoes.

H and her cousin did a stunning chin lip-sync to HSM Fabulous.

We all loved the midgets done by O & M and their cousins. What a great laugh!

My big R, only 4 but what a helper! When was the last time you got this up and personal with a lady bug? and I was the lucky recipient of that sweet bouquet of flowers clutched in her fist. I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Chris and Suzette said...

Love the pictures! That place look BEAUTIFUL! I so want to have a cabin one day to have great family get-togethers. What priceless memories those will always be.

Jen West said...

Aww... thanks for the cute picture! I printed it and put it on the fridge. All the shots are great. I am so glad you posted them.